Saturday, February 22, 2014

More Than a Year Later

Welp, it's been a year since I stopped blogging regularly, and I am sure you are all (all 2 of you who actually read this blog) wondering what happened, so here it is: I had a baby at home with no complications. He is a big, beautiful, and healthy boy.

But the reason I haven't been posting is that things have been CRAZY this last year. So I would like to spend the next several posts reflecting on this past year, catching you up to life in our messy messy home.

First, off, let me respond to the last post I made while pregnant. The one where I rant about feeling like an ugly heffer. I would like to respond with this video:



Now that a year has passed I can look at these pictures and I understand the shock and surprise that greeted me everywhere I turned at the very end. I was GINORMIC!!! But I also watch this video and am transported back to that very tender and innocent time. That woman in that video had no idea what lay ahead, and if she did I wonder if she would have still smiled as much? Or if she would have spent more time sleeping, or gone to the movies more, or cuddled with her husband more (boy do I miss that),  but I am glad she had no idea what lay ahead, because what lay ahead was not pretty, was rough, and was sometimes was even dark and scary, but then eventually it was ok, then normal, and then funny and sweet. I'll share more about those early days in posts to come now that I am far enough away from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment