Saturday, February 1, 2014

Well said

In just a few days my son will turn one year old. My husband and I will have been parenting and not sleeping for one year!?!?

The beginning was really hard for us, me especially, and I honestly felt like I would never make it this far. But here we are. Time has zoomed by these last six months. Things are easier now. Still a ton of work, and life has never been the same since R's arrival, but it is easier now. Not sure if this is because I have simply given in to these times, or if I have adapted to the new pace of life, or if R is indeed easier, but I think it's a combination of all of these. There are days when I feel like R may be an only child, and days when I can't wait to have a small army of kiddos.

The first year has been such a roller coaster! I am too exhausted to adequately describe this year's ride, but this video nails it! Every single word. Every. Word. rings true for me.





"I wasn't ready, but then you were here...Big fat love. You've made me rethink my sanity. You've made me want to fall on my mother's feet and tell her that I get it. But then you smile. And you say my name...We're growing. Together."

We've come so far. And we've got so far to go. Happy birthday little man. You've been the best ride of my life!


1 comment:

  1. Amen and exactly!!! Craziest year ever and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete